About the Armenian Gampr Club of America & Membership
Contact information at bottom of this page.
- Educate the prospective owners about the care and training of Gamprs, and what to expect from the dog.
- Provide contact between owners, and between breeders
- Establish guidelines for breeding and registering dogs in our club
- Rescue any gamprs in need, and rehome, if possible.
- Provide educational and training assistance to owners.
- Breed for preservation of preferred characteristics. For example, selecting dogs for breeding that exhibit
- reliable temperament
- excellence in guarding livestock, family, and home.
- good physical conformation and coordination
As this is a 'natural' breed, we would prefer to breed dogs with differing characteristics to each other, so as to keep as much genetic variability as possible. We do not want to breed for any specific characteristic exclusively, thereby inadvertently reducing the overall health and integrity of the breed
- Breeders will check with the club for the optimum match for their dog, in order to keep our small gene pool as diverse as possible.
AGCA does not wish to breed primarily to a physical standard, as we believe this has serious potential to ruin any breed. Watch the video "Pedigree Dogs Exposed" for example. Our goal is preservation, not refinement. We have a 3-part standard of evaluation, and breed for heterozygosity and balance. We are working with certain individuals in Armenia and elsewhere to find the best genetic stock possible.
Further information about managing genetics in dog breeding can be found at The Institute of Canine Biology.
Become a member of the Armenian Gampr Club of America, and support the goals and ideals set forth by this club. Plus, help us improve by adding your voice.
Membership privileges include:
- Voting for Officers
- Voting for changes to our Constitution & By-Laws
- Breeder/Litter Listings & Support
- Knowing that your support makes a difference for the future of the Armenian Gampr in USA and beyond
- ...and you get a nice sticker with our club logo.
General membership begins May 1 of every year, and may be renewed every year.
Lifetime membership begins at the time of the request.
For specific details regarding membership rules and rights, see our Constitution & By-Laws.
To become a member, please use the form below:
AGCA Board of Directors